About the Beaumont Hotel & Spa
Beaumont Hotel has a long and unique history in Ouray, Colorado. Built in 1886 at the height of the Gold Boom, this lovely old hotel is still known as the 'Flagship of the San Juans." Graciously appointed with sumptuous amenities, the Beaumont Hotel has welcomed such famous guests as U.S. Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and Herbert Hoover, King Leopold of Belgium, Chipeta, widow of the Ute Chief Ouray, French actress Sarah Bernhardt, actress Angie Dickenson, media megastar Oprah Winfrey, singer/songwriter Jewel, actress Pamala Grier, TV journalist Jane Pauley, pop star Mike Posner and many more. Recent restorations modernized the entire structure to meet the needs and cares of today's traveler while preserving the property's historical grandeur...
Chad and Jennifer Leaver purchased the Beaumont Hotel in October, 2010 and were married there in April, 2011. The couple is dedicated to continuing to build the hotel's well-deserved reputation as one of the world's finest historic boutique hotels.
- #1 - Top 10 Hotels in the West - Readers' Choice 2013 Conde' Nast Traveler Magazine
- Top 500 Places in the World to Stay - Gold List 2013 & 2014 Conde' Nast Traveler Magazine
- Readers' Choice 2012 Conde' Nast Traveler Magazine
- Certificate of Excellence - TripAdvisor 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- AAA Four Diamond - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014,2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Best Hotel in Ouray County - Ouray County Plaindealer 2012, 2013 & 2014
- Best Hotel in The West - True West Magazine 2011
- Preserve America Presidential Award 2004
- Governor's Award for Historic Preservation, State of Colorado 2003
- National Preservation Award 2003
Take a Virtual Tour of Beaumont Hotel & Spa! Use your mouse to move around the hotel. Be sure to look up at the intricate wallpaper on the ceilings and to see the skylights. Zoom in to check out the details. You can tour the atrium, the Grand Ballroom, some of the Guestrooms and even the Spa! Just follow the arrows.
Private Events:Grand Ballroom Garden Courtyard Lounge Courtyard Dining Room
What our guests are saying:
“Down to the last detail, EVERYTHING at the Beaumont is exquisite! The chocolate squares waiting for you in your room, a journal in which to write about your stay in your room, plush robes for the spa in your room, a private hot tub/sauna available to guest, heavenly message therapy give by their own message technicians, excellent service...42 inch TV in the room WITH DVD PLAYER...5 stars out of 5. 11 on a scale of 10!“
Steve R. Montrose, Colorado